Cranberry-Orange Yogurt Cookies
Another, kitchen experiment from lack of ingredients and a little snowed in boredom. My lil diva’s love to do craft, cook, play games. After a four day weekend all of those things were exhausted with the exception of baking. We had almost made it through the entire weekend without indulging. Since, beginning this weight loss journey I have been making a lot of lifestyle changes. Trying to be wheat and gluten free due to sensitivities, drastically reducing the amount of processed sugar my family and I consume and showing my girls that healthy eating does not mean lack of flavor and treats. So, when I ran out of all other ideas I turned to my favorite cookbook, social media. Beyond Fit Mom, is the workout plan that I use and she always has fat loss friendly recipes that actually taste good. Just because it’s good for you doesn’t mean it needs to lack in taste. If that was the case I would not be able to have lost 45 pounds in 6 months because I love food and flavor way too much.
These “Cookies” are more like little cakes. I actually gave my daughter one for breakfast this morning. She thought Mom had temporarily lost it giving out “cookies” for breakfast. But they are perfect for on-the-go breakfast, snack or after dinner treat. You can use any fruit, Beyond Fit Mom used blueberries, which we were out of and you don’t go out in a snow storm for blueberries. We did have dried cranberries, which I hydrated in water, oranges, bananas, apples and pears. I didn’t use every fruit in the house but I think all of these would be delicious substitutes for blueberries. They don’t all have the same antioxidant qualities, which is why I went with the dried cranberries and the orange was because I personally love cranberry orange-ANYTHING! The combination with Almonds and Chai Spice made this an absolute delicious treat. If you make them please let me know if you substituted the fruits for anything different I am all about experimentation.
has fat loss friendly recipes and
These "Cookies" are more like little cakes.
- 1 cup of stevia
- 1 1/4 cup plain (no sugar added) greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp chai spice
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 2 cups gluten free oat flour
- 1 tbsp. ground flax seed
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup of cranberries
- 1/2 cup of sliced almonds
- Chai Spice
- 1 1/2 tsp of Ground Cardamom
- 1 1/2 tsp of Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp of Ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp of Ground allspice
- 1/4 tsp of Ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp of Ground nutmeg
- Mix together in glass jar, air tight container or bag
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Grease several cookie sheets, or line with silicone baking mat or parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together yogurt, stevia, egg, vanilla and almond extract.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together oat flour, baking powder, salt, chai spice.
- Then blend wet and dry ingredients. Gently fold in cranberries and almonds.
- Drop tablespoon of cookie dough onto prepared baking sheets leaving 2 inches in between.
- Bake for 10 minutes till barely brown around the edges.(These will not be crunchy cookies)
- Let cool on wire rack and enjoy!