The Power Golden Pea Protein
I am a Brand Ambassador for Nuzest Usa and have included an affiliate link in this post that I receive a commission from purchases. My full disclosure policy
I have written several posts over the years for protein powder. I’ve gone from having it daily to eliminating it completely. Always to come back to try something new. Other than curiosity I don’t think I will try any other protein. I have a few criteria when looking for my protein powder.
1) What’s in it?
2) How does it taste?
3) Can I bake and make pancakes with it?
I also want it to be a high-quality source of Protein. I don’t do Whey Protein at all mostly because it has milk or cassein in it. Also,with the thousands of Whey products quality is questionable, and Whey smells like fart and tastes weird. It does! No matter what whey protein I have tried, I have had to hold my nose and sip it down therefore most of my comparisons are Vegan or plant based protein. Now, each one I did love but the reason that I continued to search was mostly the ingredients. I eat well; I don’t need to added veggies and fruits in my diet. Can it hurt? No, but I rather eat those things fresh I don’t need it in a powder form.
Introduction to Golden Pea Protein
So,when I got the opportunity to try Golden Pea Protein Powder by Nuzest after looking at the ingredient list, I thought too good to be true. It’s going to taste horrible there is no sugar, stevia, fillers, nothing. It’s gluten-free, dairy-free, GMO-free and Vegan which is becoming pretty standard right now but it is good to know that it is free of all those things too.
I have to admit I was a little scared when I opened the Wild Strawberry Sample. It was free of too much it had to be free of taste too! Well, it was pretty tasty, but it’s not sweet, and I love it. I find Protein Powder and BCAAs sweet since I try to eat Natural sugars mostly. Once you cut back on things like sugar and salt, you become more sensitive to them. It’s just sweet enough that is not overpowering. It’s practically carb free as well meaning you’re not getting filled up with fillers. I am not a fan of meal replacement shakes I feel if you prioritize your time you can eat real meals.
I like Protein Shakes for snacks and post workout fuel. I sometimes workout as late as 11 at night. It just works some people get up at crazy early hours and exercise, and some of us stay up late to crazy hours and workout. Pick your crazy but don’t judge. The last thing I want to do is eat. I usually Shake, Chug and pass out so when I eliminated Protein Shakes from my life, it made post workout meals a chore.
It’s not gritty, and it tastes AMAZING, and every Golden Pea Protein I have tried has not been gritty. Light but filling because is 20g of protein. Shake and a handful or walnut or almonds, and I am ready to go.
Pancakes, Cookies, Donuts, and Muffins
Yes, yes and yes it has passed the baking test, and because the powder is so refined, everything is light and fluffy. I also love that Nuzest has four flavors: Chocolate, Wild Strawberry, Vanilla and Original. Original is great because you can use it to make savory items. It is so good. I made “You’d think they Could be Ritz” Protein Crackers. They resembled those buttery crackers mm mm. <Recipe to come>
What is Golden Pea Protein?
Nuzest passed my high standards for quality protein but why Golden Pea Protein? What is it? Great question. Golden Pea Protein is becoming the go-to plant based protein because of all of the things I have said above:
- It’s very clean it’s just protein nothing else. It does have branch chain amino acids that help with muscle breakdown and recovery. It is a complete protein profile which is why it needs no fillers, unlike dairy based products.
- Does not have an overpowering taste no smart smell and no bad aftertaste.
- High Source of quality protein some people find it hard to find a high quality and clean plant based protein. Usually plant-based protein is not enough for dietary needs.
- Studies have shown that it helps improve heart health it also shows that it lowers blood pressure and decreases inflammation.
- Studies show that it helps decrease Kidney disease
- Helps to boost muscle thickness- a lot of people have problems with plant based protein because they don’t believe it helps effectively attribute to muscle growth. Studies have shown that pea protein increases muscle size equal as dairy based protein aka whey protein powder.
- Great blood sugar regulator
- Helps speed up fat loss when people think of losing weight they first grab veggies not protein but protein is great way to help speed up fat loss. If you get .7-1 gram per the amount you weigh in protein a day. You will build muscle faster that will help you burn fat faster. Weight x .8= Amount of Protein you should eat a day. Another reason that pea proteins help you lower your gherelin hormone also known as the hunger hormone that tells you when you are hungry. Pea protein has been shown to produce more peptides in the body; that will slow down the secretion of the gherelin hormone. Meaning you are hungry less because your hunger hormone is working slower. Studies have shown that Pea Protein is equal to dairy based protein in suppressing hunger.
I haven’t had a protein that I have completely loved until now. I really am ending the search and found something that is affordable, delicious, actually truly clean with no fillers and something that I would recommend to my clients, friends and family with confidence they will like it and it’s good for them. If you want to give Nuzest a try take 15% off on me use coupon code “FaithFueled” Do you have a particular protein you love?