Spiced Pumpkin Protein Cookies (Family Approved)
We love Pumpkin apparently everyone does too and sweet treats are what makes fall fun and memorable! Just because we live a healthier life at the Bolton’s doesn’t mean I want my girls to miss the holiday fun. I have learned over the last few years that healthy can taste good and sometimes better than “junkie” food. This is one of the cases. This pillowy goodness is like having a mini pumpkin roll in your mouth. So good and so easy. Pumpkin is also a great superfood so we should capitalize on its fall popularity and redeem some of the benefits.
5 Reasons you Should Go Pumpkin Crazy
- Helps you see better Pumpkin is high in Vitamin A and a little bit of pumpkin can give you twice the benefits of the recommended daily intake of Vitamin A which helps you with your vision and so you can see all da things. Great for your eye health. (also helps keep healthy skin, teeth, and bones) full body repair.
- Reduce Blood Pressure I am not saying that these cookies are your new natural source to lower blood pressure but I am saying that pumpkins, especially their seeds have what we call phytoestrogens which studies have shown are amazing at reducing hypertension. The Phytoestrogens oil that is found in pumpkin seeds has been known to lower both the systolic and diastolic blood pressure within months of increasing your intake.
- Rest Easier rest is so important in overall health. God has commanded us to rest because He knows our needs and what will help us honor our temple. THat is not as easy as it sounds sometimes. I have had bouts of sleepiness in my adult life. Pumpkin contains an amino acid called trytophan it is more commonly known in Turkey and the culprit for the “itis” after Thanksgiving. You can find that same amino acid in pumpkin seeds. Tryptophan not only makes you sleepy but it also helps create serotonin which is a hormone that makes you “feel good.” With an increase sleepy feeling and a mood enhancer, it is sure to help you rest easy.
- Keep your heart healthy fiber is great for your heart, studies have shown that in males who had a diet that is high in fiber over 40% of the men had a lower risk of heart disease than those who did not have a high fiber diet. This is true for women too and pumpkin is a high fiber fruit that if cooked properly can be a great benefit to your heart health.
- Fiber equal Fuller pumpkin pulp and seeds both are high in fiber which helps you stay full longer, reducing your appetite and satiating your hunger. All while eating this amazing nutrient-dense super food.
These cookies aren’t going to do the trick but its a healthier way to enjoy cookies with some added benefits of Pure pumpkin and no sugar. I hope you give these a try and let me know how you like them? What is your favorite way to cook or eat pumpkin?
- 1/2c. Dried Cannelini Beans or Canned Cannelini Beans
- 1.5 c. Water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tbsp Lakanto Monk Fruit Sweetener or Raw Local honey
- 1/2 cup Organic Pumpkin Puree
- 1 egg white
- 2 scoops of Nuzest Vanilla Pea Protein Powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp all spice
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- Make Beans `4 hours in the crock pot on hi OR USE Canned Beans
- Add Beans, Water, Cinnamon, Vanilla and Honey to beans and let cook till soft
- Cookies Directions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Add Drained Beans into Food Processor and pulse till smooth, periodically scraping sides and pulsing
- Add remaining ingredients and pulse till smooth
- Make 12 similar evenly size dollops on cookie sheet covered in parchment paper, these cookies barely rise, so don't worry about them touching
- Bake for 15 minutes
- Let cool and eat. They taste extra yummy the next day.