Yummy, Protein Strawberry ShortCake
Yep, I did it! I made a yummy Strawberry Shortcake after several failed attempts. I love Strawberry Shortcake when I was pregnant with my third I would call Cheesecake Factory 20 minutes before my husband got off work so it would be ready for him to pick up just as he passed it driving home. I specially requested everything in individual containers, and when he came back, I would welcome my Sweet delicious Strawberry Shortcake and then my sweet husband for giving in to my pregnant cravings. Although I really can’t blame that on pregnancy because I still crave Cheesecake Factory Strawberry Shortcake, there are several problems with it now. 1) I am lactose intolerant, and that delicious Vanilla Icecream does not go well with my digestive system (it never has, but I care now) 2) That buttery, flaky, with a hint of sweetness is not tolerable with my wheat allergy. Therefore, I no longer indulge in decadent goodness.
On Memorial Day weekend we had a cookout at our house which we are known to do. Any holiday, weekend, moment calls for a barbecue in my house. I just love to grill. I didn’t say, my husband, because I am the grill master at my house. Although, he is coming around and did well last night as we fired up the grill. I was shocked he even volunteered. Anyways, on Memorial Day, some family friends who didn’t know about the recent discovery of my stomach ailments brought my favorite over. Strawberry Shortcake and I felt how my husband felt every time he would bring me home my favorite treat, and I would devour it in his face. Everyone but me got to enjoy. The next day I made it my mission to create a healthy yummy fat loss, gluten free friendly Strawberry Shortcake and drum roll please…..here it is!
- Protein Angel Food Cake
- 4 room temperature egg whites
- 1 tsp. cream of tartar
- 10 drops liquid stevia
- 3/4 c. of Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
- Coconut Whipped Cream
- 1 can Coconut Milk (full fat!)
- • 10 drops liquid stevia extract
- • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line Cupcake Tin or grease really well
- Make sure eggs are at room temperature
- Place all ingredients in bowl (Except protein powder)
- Mix on highest speed for a few minutes until high peaks form. Use whisk attachment
- Spring Protein Powder on top and gently fold into egg whites but DO NOT OVERMIX
- Place in cupcake liners or greased pan and then in oven for 20 minutes until golden brown
- Take out, let cool for a few minutes.
- Coconut Whipped Cream
- Place the can of coconut milk in the refrigerator and chill overnight.
- Place a medium-sized, deep metal mixing bowl and beaters in the freezer and chill.
- Remove coconut milk from refrigerator, but do not agitate – you want it to remain separated. Open the can and scoop off the cream layer that has risen to the top. Place cream in chilled bowl.
- Beat the coconut cream on high speed for 2-3 minutes or until fluffy peaks form.
- Add stevia drops while mixers are going to incorporate.
- Assemble cake with cut strawberries and top with Coconut Whipped Cream
30g protein 5g carbs