It sounds good, right? Well it is absolutely amazing! I have been dabbling in Chia Seed flavors lately. One because it is so good; second it is really easy and third it will kill a sugar craving and leave you full and satisfied. It’s the perfect snack, breakfast! I’ve made some questionable flavor combinations but this one by far is the yummiest! I had to share.
Chia Seed is also very beneficial it is rich in fiber, omega-3 fats, protein, vitamins and minerals. Some benefits of Chia seeds are:
- Great for your Skin and Aging- it contains antioxidants that help accelerate skin repair and also inhibit skin from future damage.
- Great for digestion- Chia seed is very-high in fiber it is said to contain about 11 grams per ounce. Meaning one serving of Chia Seed can be your recommended fiber intake for the day! Fiber is critical for your body to help it balance your insulin levels and known as a blood sugar balancer.
- Great for your Heart Health– Chia Seed has been know to:
– reverse inflammation,
– regulate cholesterol and lower blood pressure make it extremely beneficial to consume for heart health.
– reversing oxidative stress
*according to an article published in the journal Reviews on Recent Clinical Trials:
- Great for treatment of Diabetes– A study done came to the conclusion that eating chia seeds entirely inhibited the start of dyslipidemia and insulin resistance. There has been claims that it can halt or reverse diabetes. (I’m not making them but some researchers have been bold enough to come to that conclusion after laboratory testing.
- Great for an extra Boost Your Energy & Metabolism- The addition of chia seeds will help boost your metabolism and burn belly fat. It reduces visceral adipose tissue also known as belly fat tissue which has an effect on your ability to burn calories.
- Great for Stronger Bones- One ounce of Chia Seeds is 18% of the daily recommended calcium intake.
- Great to help you Build Muscle & Lose Weight- Chia seed is an excellent plant based protein. It has been recommened for people wanting to burn fat, get lean muscle and balance blood sugar levels.
I lift really heavy and have a high protein allocation in my diet so I am always trying new protein based treats. I also love it for my daughter because it’s a wholesome meal in the morning and they can just grab their jar and go! I don’t let them take it to school because of the glass but they each have one and just unscrew the lid and eat. It’s nice for those busy school day mornings. I don’t know about you but I am prepping for Back To School so testing out new flavors to keep them interested has been fun! They can even make this on their own which my oldest one loves to do.
I have been going Lemon crazy lately. I am not sure if it’s because its summer time and its refreshing. Citrus is also great for helping absorb iron and it just makes everything taste yummy. From your bowl of fruit to your piece of chicken fresh squeezed lemon juice is always a great addition to a meal. It’s versatility also allows for a lot of different flavor combinations. The great thing about this pudding too is the Coconut is not overpowering. If you don’t like coconut omit it and you have a Lemon “Meringue”ish Chia Pudding.
- 1 Lemon
- 1/4c Chia Seed
- 1/4 c Quinoa (Optional)
- 1/4 c. Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- 1 tsp Stevia
- 1 serving of Protein Powder (1-2 scoops)
- 1 1/4 cup of Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- Mix all together well
- Let sit overnight