2 Peter 1:4 And because of his glory and excellence, he has given us great and precious promises. These are the promises that enable you to share his divine nature and escape the world’s corruption caused by human desires.
Today’s Prayer: Help us to remember God’s promises, always.
What do God’s promises have to do with honoring our temple? Everything! Without our bodies working at optimal performance, it just adds another barrier to spreading God’s word. What are God’s promises? There not necessarily on a checklist for us to go down and say, “Yep, he’s done what He said, He’s done this and that and this.” Nope, you have to read His word and learn of all the things that God has promised to do for us, although, He has done so much already. We are so undeserving He still promises to give us:
- promises for good and a future of hope (Jeremiah 29:11);
- take all of our burden and cast them to the side making them light for us (Matthew 11:28-29);
- strength and rest (Isaiah 40:29-31);
- supply us with everything, all of our needs (Philippians 4:19);
- listen to us and give us peace (Proverbs 1:33); take our fears and give us peace (John 14:27);
- salvation (Romans 10:9); ( A BIG ONE)
- eternal life (Romans 6:23); (ANOTHER HUGE ONE)
- and unconditional love like no other (Romans 8:37-39); just to name a few.
Because God is infallible and will always keep His promises, we must rely upon and trust in them. God will never let us down, never leaves nor forsake us and will take all of our burdens and handle them. So, why do we depend so much on ourselves to make our desires come to fruition? Why don’t we trust in God, come to God and rely on Him? I find the more that I believe in His promises’, the more I seek Him for guidance in the things that I do. In your prayer time today, try to remember God’s promises and that may inspire you to try to honor and serve Him.