I have been on a sugar detox for 14 days and being sugar free can make a girl do some crazy things ie. create a sugar free cupcake out of desperation for a after dinner treat. Detoxing has been extremely hard because there is sugar in everything. Things that you didn’t expect to have sugar in them there is. Of course, I know there is sugar in cupcakes, that’s why I love cupcakes. I have found doing this detox that sugar does have a mental and physical effect on me. The first two days, I had cravings and would end my days with headaches, which I don’t get. A week into the detox I had a really emotional down spell for several days being that I am a pretty optimistic person this was very challenging. Then the stuffy sinus’ and increased allergies. It is crazy that something so good, so satisfying, so sweet, (ha ha) can be have such a control of your body. I guess its not that crazy but until you go without something you never realize how much it is apart of your daily life.
After some trial and error I came up with a kid-friendly, husband approved, sugar craving satisfying dessert. This experiment has made this journey a little more “sweeter” and easier to bear. It ended up being really tasty and just what I needed at the end of a busy day. It’s nice to have a treat that I can eat on this weight loss journey that I don’t have to worry about sabotaging my efforts or doing extra work to work it off. If I had to restrict myself from all that is good ie. treats I don’t think I would be able to live this lifestyle. There has to be balance and compromise and this recipe is both and it is yummy.
- 1/2 cup of Vanilla Protein
- 3/4 Cup of Oat Flour
- 1/4 Cup Stevia
- 1/4 tsp of Butter Rum Extract
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 Tbsp. Ground Flax & Chia Seed
- 1/2 Cup of Pumpkin Puree (not pie filling)
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp. coconut Oil Melted
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil -Solid, not melted
- 2 scoops Chocolate Protein Powder
- 2tbsp of Almond Milk
- Mix Wet Ingredients in one bowl. Stevia, Pumpkin Puree, Extract, Eggs and Coconut Oil.
- Mix Dry Ingredients. Protein Powder, Oat Flour,Flax/Chia Seed Baking Soda
- Mix Dry and Wet Ingredients
- Pour into cupcake liners
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden brown
- Let cool before Icing
- Cream coconut oil with mixer
- Add Scoops of Protein powder and mix
- Add Almond milk one teaspoon at a time until icing consistency you like.
- Once cupcakes cool frost with icing and Enjoy!
Nutrition Facts 6 Servings Amount Per Serving Calories 168.1 Total Fat 13.7 g Saturated Fat 5.0 g Polyunsaturated Fat 0.4 g Monounsaturated Fat 0.9 g Cholesterol 62.0 mg Sodium 96.9 mg Potassium 33.0 mg Total Carbohydrate 5.6 g Dietary Fiber 2.3 g Sugars 0.7 g Protein 8.6 g Vitamin A 2.0 % Vitamin B-12 2.7 % Vitamin B-6 1.3 % Vitamin C 0.0 % Vitamin D 3.3 % Vitamin E 17.6 % Calcium 3.7 % Copper 0.0 % Folate 2.0 % Iron 7.7 % Magnesium 10.0 % Manganese 0.0 % Niacin 0.0 % Pantothenic Acid 0.0 % Phosphorus 3.3 % Riboflavin 3.3 % Selenium 0.0 % Thiamin 0.0 % Zinc 1.3 % *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.