Don’t get me wrong I am not one of those people who don’t believe in carbs but I do try to eat them in lower quantities and do have an allergy to wheat. At first, I ignored my wheat allergy but the less I eat the more sensitive I have become. So, bread or the low carb wraps are not my digestive systems friend. My go-to has been lettuce wraps. If it needs a bun I put it in lettuce and love it. (I really do!) But sometimes you do want a bun. I found these about a year and half ago on…..(I know you guessed) Pinterest! Well, of course I had to make it. The description sounds so tempting, “pillows of goodness” and it looked so easy. Just four ingredient bread and I don’t have to worry about it rising. I am doing a sugar detox for the next 14 days (21 days total) and I did really well last week one sugar weakness, lots of withdrawals but one mess up and it was actually unintentional. This week I decided that I will be completely sugar free so bread is out of the picture. That made me go back to my old faithful, cloud bread. It’s a really good substitute for me for bread. Try it and let me know what you think!
- 4 oz. of Neufchâtel cheese
- 1/8 tsp of cream of tartar
- 4 eggs, separated
- Sesame Seeds
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- Separate egg. Whites in one bow, yolks in another
- Add Neufchâtel cheese to yolks and mix until smooth.
- In the other bow; add cream of tartar to whites and beat with a hand mixer until fluffy peaks form.
- Carefully add the yolk mixture to the white mixture and fold to combine.
- Line parchment paper on cookie sheets or grease with coconut oil.
- Scoop a bun size of mixture in round shape and sprinkle with Sesame Seeds
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until Golden Brown.
- Let cool on wire rack. Once cooled store in ziploc bags or tupperware overnight. Tomorrow you will have some yummy buns on your hands.
Nutrition Facts 4 Servings Amount Per Serving Calories 152.7 Total Fat 12.0 g Saturated Fat 5.9 g Polyunsaturated Fat 1.4 g Monounsaturated Fat 3.9 g Cholesterol 207.5 mg Sodium 184.4 mg Potassium 137.6 mg Total Carbohydrate 1.6 g Dietary Fiber 0.1 g Sugars 0.2 g Protein 9.3 g Vitamin A 12.4 % Vitamin B-12 9.2 % Vitamin B-6 5.0 % Vitamin C 0.0 % Vitamin D 10.0 % Vitamin E 0.1 % Calcium 5.2 % Copper 2.5 % Folate 7.1 % Iron 5.4 % Magnesium 1.6 % Manganese 1.4 % Niacin 0.4 % Pantothenic Acid 1.6 % Phosphorus 14.6 % Riboflavin 13.4 % Selenium 1.3 % Thiamin 0.9 % Zinc 5.6 % *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.