Chocolate Peanut Buttercups
These are so easy after making them twice I no longer need the recipe.
This recipe was adapted from Beyond Fit Mom
4 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp brown rice syrup or honey (I made these the second time with honey and think this was the better sweetener)
2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder or carob powder
4 tbsp peanut butter ( homemade or natural)
1. Melt coconut oil in a double boiler. Whisk in Brown rice syrup or honey then add unsweetened cocoa powder or carob powder.
2. Mix until thick (VERY IMPORTANT) if it is very thin it is probably unsweetened chocolate which makes for a very nasty peanut butter cup (trust me!!!)
3. Line mini cupcake pan with cupcake liners. Pour into liners till 1/3 full. Then freeze for 15-20 minutes.
4. Once chocolate is hard add about 1/4 tsp of peanut butter in each cup and smoosh it a little. Then pour chocolate to cover peanut butter.
5. Freeze for 30 minutes. Once chocolate has harden pull out and eat. I would store them in the refrigerator the coconut oil makes these literally melt in your hand.