In the last few years, so many things have changed for me inside and out. My perspective I think has had the greatest change in my life. I think through my seeking God to help me, trusting in Him and be grateful in the moment has revealed lots. What I think has become more than just a habit but a lifestyle change for me is eating a Biblical based diet. Through Bible study and my own, I have researched in the great instruction book for life, the Bible. Where all questions are answered. So, when people ask what should I be eating, drinking, shaking you can take it back to the Word. God has something to say on that subject and I promise you Hot Pockets is not on it. Now, grains, vegetables, and meats that come naturally from God’s earth is but we were not meant to be putting the extra additives that are added to Hot Pockets to fuels God’s good creation. So, when flipping through the good book even if you start from the beginning very quickly after man is created he is instructed on what he can eat.
Genesis 9:3 “Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. And as I gave you the green plants, I give you everything.”
That verse made it easy all of those things can be found at your local grocers around the outside area. I don’t see anything from Aisle 9 on the list. I don’t think that we appreciate that meats and vegetables are in this modern time prepared for our convenience. They come pre-cut meats and fish(and other things) as well as pulled and washed fruits and vegetables but that is not convenient enough. We now see it as a chore to take the precut meats and veggies and fruits and then prepare them. We want it already prepared, fast, and ready to serve. Then that can even be too inconvenient to have to heat it up so we would prefer driving up to a window, placing our request to our specific likes and receiving it cooked, hot and truly ready to eat. That was me Drive Thru Junkie and I spent most of my time in the car and very little time enjoying things of life other than work and my children.
29 Then God said, “I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food. 30 And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds in the sky and all the creatures that move along the ground—everything that has the breath of life in it—I give every green plant for food.” And it was so. Genesis 1:29-30
Then I found myself with post baby and some extra bad decisions weight and no one to blame but me; and looking for some place to try something different and being inconvenienced. I remember how daunting it initially was to prepare every meal AT HOME or to have things for the girls to take to school or sports, just snacks because like I said, things like Hot Pockets and Goldfish are not on a Biblical diet. Once I figured out a list of do’s and don’ts (taking straight from the Word) and how to prepare them so that I can eat like have become accustomed in my 34+ years but better for me. So, that’s what I did trial and error. A few bad meals here and there that eventually became delicious and you never missed the extra additives. Meal prep and preparation was quicker. And I began seeing miraculous effects on my body that did not only involve weight loss.
7 Reason I maintain a Biblical Based Diet
- I feel AMAZING! I believe it is why I have the energy to do all that I do each day and go to bed beat. No longer the highs and lows of sugars and processed foods. My skin has also cleared up! I have not changed my skin care routine just the things I eat. I’ve gone from lots of dark marks to just a few and it’s nice to not do anything or pay anything extra for skincare just needed to eat right. “It was written all over my face.”
- I know longer suffer from seasonal allergies! Seriously, people didn’t believe especially my family until they witnessed it themselves. I have suffered since I was a child with seasonal allergies. I had to get a shot every week to just maintain some sort of normalcy on top of daily allergy medicine. In the last year, I have not taken any allergy medicine, no sniffles, no itchy eyes, or scratchy throat. In my entire life, I have never gone through spring or fall without symptoms. I haven’t gone to an allergist to confirm but I do know that I only eat whole foods and other than that nothing has changed.
- I know longer have digestion issues! I used to always complain after every meal “my stomach hates me.” Since going Whole or Biblical I only have complaints when I eat things that I am allergic to or are heavily processed. Like, “Just add water” makes my tummy HURT! But since eating a Biblically based diet I can eat without remorse ant that in itself has been worth it.
- I have amazing energy! Seriously, I no longer need coffee just for the taste. I used to be dependent come 2:30-4:30 I would be wiped ou and no longer. When I eat well I feel well and I have the energy to power through my day!
- I have lost weight! If you have been following my journey you have seen the transformation but if you haven’t I’ve lost 70 lbs within 18 months. I know coming from my Drive Thru junkie diet that it is a direct correlation with what I eat. It has also propelled my weight loss and allowed me to achieve my goal faster than most. Nutrition is 80% of the journey and although I love to workout only eating what God has provided has helped me tremendously in the simplifying what to eat the only thing I needed direction on was how.
- It’s simple! Eating a Biblically based diet is easy. I don’t stress organic or ecological we focus on perishable. The most complicated part is how to eat a Biblically based diet and still enjoy the foods you love. It’s is possible! I would love to show you how. In our Bibles and Bootcamp, we spend two weeks exclusively on how we fuel our temple.
- I feel I am honoring my temple! This is the best benefit of them all. I am honoring my temple which gives me the energy to care for others, love other s and share God with others and that is what we are called to do.
Changing to this lifestyle has changed my life, health, and mind and I want to share it with you. If you need help with Nutrition, Fitness and how to make it a lifestyle change that will stick.
Join us this May for our Bibles and Bootcamp where I will give you a nutrition guide and accountability with a meal plan and step-by-step family-friendly recipes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner as well as a weekly shopping list with my 6-week Transformation program.
I also have a Free download for women who have been trying but just having a hard time achieving their goals. There are 3 Mistakes that I see women make that is preventing them from losing weight.
What are some things that you are struggling with on weight loss?