Yep, It’s that time of year! Apple Picking! It brings back so much nostalgia and memories and a tradition that I happily keep each year with my girls. It’s been especially fun the last two years apple picking with a curious toddler. The older girls make it fun too but those little eyes of amazement and little hands stuffing apples in a bag melts this Mama’s heart.
I know everyone has gone Pumpkin crazy but we can’t forget about, good ole American apple pie. I am a huge fan of both Pumpkin and apple so this recipe actually works for both! It takes 2-5 minutes and you will be in that fall-warmth-comfort-food-bliss in less than 10 minutes and it is so much better for you!
There are so many to both as a snack!
Apples have many benefits to your diet four benefits:
- It’s good for you I know you’re like “Duh, an apple a day…” but they are a great source of soluble fiber which is needed in your diet for healthy protection, diabetes prevention, and weightloss and one medium apple is half of your daily 2 cup of fruit goal based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Apples also provide 14% of the daily value of Vitamin C requirements.
- It’s helps you with weight loss. How? You say? Apples are a great hunger crusher and for fewer calories than most small meals or snacks. There has also been studies that daily diet of apples will lower your cholesterol and heart disease.
- It’s great for your Heart health. Numerous studies has connected apples to lower risk of death due to heart diseases and cardiovascular disease. It is believed there are mutiple factors that contribute to this such as:
- antioxidants found in apples
- Helps prevent LDL cholesterol and lower cholesterol
- Inhibits inflammation
- Soluable fiber
- It helps prevent and protect you against metabolic syndrome. Metabolic syndrome is symptoms that causes the body to function improperly increasing the risk for heart disease and diabetes. A study found that apple eaters has 27% less chance to have metabolic syndrom symptoms.
- Give you a boost. Apples contain an antioxidant called querctin, which helps make more oxygen for your lungs helping with endurance. So, it’s a great preworkout snack.
This recipe has no refined sugar and is a great treat for this fall. What is your favorite fall dessert?
Check out my Chai Spice Recipe!